This course aims to provide theoretical and practical training for seafarers to meet the standard of competence as specified in Section A-II/1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) 1978, as amended.
• Minimum sea service of 6 months as deck cadet
• Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management and training
• Knowledge of international maritime conventions, recommendations and national legislation including discussion on how teamwork can facilitate compliance.
• Ability to apply task and workload management
• Knowledge and ability to apply effective resource management, related policy, standing instructions, operating procedures & company specific requirement.
• Knowledge and ability to apply decision-making techniques
• Integration of Concepts Application ( on Simulators )